Add a response
To create a response, follow these steps:
- Click Admin.
- Under Contact Center, click Canned Responses.
- Under Libraries, click the library where the response belongs.
- Click Add Response.
- In the Response Name box, type a meaningful name. Agents see this name.
- The Library list already contains the library you selected in step 3. To specify a different library, click the library name from this list.
- For a standard response, under Response Type, enable Standard. For more information about template messages, see Add a WhatsApp template message.
- In the Content box, type the content of your message. Notes:
- Remember that this response is part of a larger email or chat conversation. Leave out unnecessary details such as greetings or transition words.
- To improve the readability of your canned responses, you can add formatting. For more information, see Format canned responses.
- To create another response, enable the Create Another check box. The new response belongs to the same library by default. However, you can select a different library if necessary.
- To use a substitution, place your cursor at the appropriate spot in your response, and under Insert Substitution, click the letter beside the substitution you want to add. When an agent uses the response, Genesys Cloud replaces the substitution with the correct information.
This short video demonstrates how to insert a substitution:
- Click Save.