Use substitutions, or variables, in canned responses to include the following real time, customer-specific information.
- To provide agents with personalized messages that help reduce resolution time.
- To include personalized content in emails that automatically send as replies to inbound emails.
|AGENT_ALIAS||Add a name and an image to use as an alias during any interaction.|
|AGENT_EMAIL||Add the email address of the agent.|
|AGENT_NAME||Add the name of the agent.|
|DEPARTMENT||Add the department of the agent.|
|EMAIL_ADDRESS||Add the “Email Address” configured for the email route.|
|FROM_NAME||Add the “From Name” configured for the email route.|
|TITLE||Add the job title of the agent.|
For example, an agent working in Genesys Cloud’s Spanish user interface can insert AGENT_ALIAS into a canned response, but not a localized name including ALIAS_DE_AGENTE.
For more information about how your agents set their aliases, see Add an agent name and image for web chats.
You can create custom substitutions that address your specific business needs. You can use canned responses in several ways, and each one allows you to specify the substitution values for your response.
- Add or edit the canned response and add the substitution.
- Specify values for the substitutions that appear when you use a response:
- Use a response with the script editor:
- To send a response as an email body to a customer as an auto-response in an inbound email flow:
- Send the response to a web user in an inbound chat flow:
- Use the Get Response action that you added in the previous step.
- To send the substituted message to the web guest, use a Send Response action in the chat flow.