Use substitutions, or variables, in canned responses to include real-time, customer-specific information:
- To provide agents with personalized messages that help reduce resolution time
- To include personalized content in emails that automatically send as replies to inbound emails.
The following canned substitutions are available for all interactions:
For example, you can include the AGENT_ALIAS substitution to include the agent’s alias in a canned response that any interaction uses.
For example, an agent working in Genesys Cloud’s Spanish user interface can insert AGENT_ALIAS into a canned response, but not a localized name such as AGENTO_ALIASO.
For more information about how your agents set their aliases, see Add an agent name and image for web chats.
You can create custom substitutions that address your specific business needs. You can use Canned Responses in several ways, and each one allows you to specify substitution values for your response.
- Add or edit the canned response and add the substitution.
- Specify values for the substitutions when you use a response:
- Use a response with the script editor:
- To send a response as an email body to a customer as an auto-response in an Inbound Email flow:
- Send the response to a web user in an Inbound Chat flow:
- Use the Get Response action as above.
- To send the substituted message to the web guest, use a Send Response action in the chat flow.