Add an email signature response
- Responses > All permission
When you create an email signature response, you can apply it to any email address that you configure in Genesys Cloud. When an agent sends an email from that email address, Genesys Cloud automatically adds the signature during transit.
Note: Make sure that your agents know about the automatic application of an email signature to an outbound email. If the agent is unaware of the automatic email signature and manually applies a signature to the email, the recipient sees two email signatures.
To create an email signature response, perform these steps:
- Click Admin.
- Under Contact Center, click Canned Responses.
- Under Libraries, click the library where you want the response to belong.
- Click Add Response.
- In the Response Name box, type a meaningful name.
- Leave the library unchanged, or to specify a new one, select one from the list. Note: The Library list already contains the library that you selected in step 3.
- Under Response Type, enable Footer.
- In the Content box, type the content of your message. For more information, see Format canned responses and Add a substitution.
- (Optional) To create another response, enable the Create Another check box. Note: By default, the new response belongs to the same library. However, you can select a different library.
- Click Save.
Use substitutions in responses
To use a substitution, place your cursor at the appropriate spot in your response. Under Insert Substitution, click the letter beside the substitution you want to add. When an agent uses the response, Genesys Cloud replaces the substitution with the correct information.
This short video demonstrates how to insert a substitution: