Add a call route
The following permissions:
- Architect > Flow > View
- Routing > Call Route > Add, Edit, View, Delete
- Routing > Emergency Group > Edit, View
- Routing > Schedule Group > View
Add a call routing configuration entry to associate a telephone number or numbers with a call route. When callers dial a number specified in the call routing configuration, they will be routed to the appropriate call flow.
- Click Admin.
- Under Routing, click Call Routing.
- Click Add Call Route.
- In the Name field, type a unique call routing name. This name appears in your list of entries on the Call Routing page.
- In the Division field, enter the division of the call route. This name appears in your list of entries on the Call Routing page.
- To add phone numbers to associate with the configuration, do the following:
- From the Inbound Numbers drop-down list, and select the required inbound numbers.
- Begin typing the telephone number string in nume`ric format only. When the number appears in the list, select the check box beside the number. Already assigned numbers are indicated as such, including the identification and type of assignee.
- Repeat step 6b to add more telephone numbers.
- To use time-based routing, do the following:
- Under When is this call route open?, click the Based on a schedule group radio button.
- Click the Select a schedule group… list, type the first few letters of the schedule group to associate to the configuration, and select it from the list.
- Under the What call flows should be used?, click the Open list, type the first few letters of the published call flow to associate to the configuration's open hours, and select it from the list.
- Click the Closed list, type the first few letters of the published call flow to associate to the configuration's closed hours, and select it from the list.
- Choose the method of holiday routing:
- Closed Call Flow: Choose to set the call flow to which you want to route calls when the call route is closed.
- Route to: Choose to set a holiday call flow.
- Bypass Holiday Routing: Choose if you require the call route to ignore any holiday schedules that are configured on the schedule group.
- To always route to a single call flow, do the following:
- Under When is this call route open?, ensure that the Always radio button is disabled.
- Under the What call flow should be used?, click the Route to list, and select an open call flow.
- To select a flow to route calls in emergency situations, Select This call route closes in emergency cases radio button, and in the What emergency group should close this call route? section, set the following:
- The emergency group in the Select an emergency group… field.
- The emergency call flow in the Select an emergency call flow… field.
- Click Save. A message appears, indicating that your entry was saved. Your entry may take a few minutes to appear in search results.
When you select an emergency route and corresponding flow to use during emergency situations, ensure that you also activate the emergency group at the time of emergency for emergency routing to take place. For more information, see Activate or deactivate an emergency group. A flow associated with an emergency group must be published in Architect.