Add a business unit
- Workforce Management > Business Unit > Add permission
Use business units to organize agents and apply permissions to meet business needs. Business units allow customers to configure agents who share queues into one or more management units. Business unit configuration in Genesys Cloud includes three tabs: General, Forecasting, and Scheduling.
Select the business unit’s start day of the week, time zone, and division.
Select the number of weeks before the forecasted week to determine the specified week’s data.
This tab contains the feature toggles you can use to set service goal impact, time off synchronization, and the different schedule generation warnings you can encounter during validation.
- In the Service Goal Impact section, enter the percentages of the upper and lower service goal differences that you accept for the Service Level, Average Speed of Answer, and Abandonment Rate goals used by automated and self-scheduling features. These percentages apply to the service goals values that you configure in the Service Goal Template.
- In the Time-Off Synchronization section, select the checkbox to enable the time off synchronization whenever there are changes in the agent’s scheduled paid time schedule. The system updates the time off requests again based on the modified payable time in the schedule.
- In the Validation Messaging Severities section, configure the reporting severity for the business unit’s schedule generation validation warnings. Each message is automatically set to a default; however, you can set your own desired level of severity.
- Error: The highest priority that you can set on a message.
- Information: The lowest priority that you can set on a message.
- Warning: The priority is higher in severity than Information, but lower than Error.
- Ignore: The message does not appear during a work plan or schedule generation result.
Add a new business unit
To add and configure a business unit, perform these steps:
- Click Admin.
- Under Workforce Management, click Business Units.
- Click Add . The Business Units page opens to the General tab.
- In the Business Unit Name text box, type a name for the business unit.
- From the Start Day of Week list, select the business unit’s starting day.
- To change the forecasting time to a time zone other than local time, under Time Zone select the appropriate time zone. Note: The default time zone is the current location’s time zone.
- To change the division associated with this business unit, click the Division list make the appropriate selection. Note: The default division is Home.
- Set up forecasting:
- Click the Forecasting tab.
- Under Historical Weeks, use the arrows to select, in forecasting, the number of weeks before the forecasted week to determine the specified week’s data.
- To establish the severity for each schedule message, in the Message Severity column do one of the following:
- Select the desired severity.
- Leave the default setting unchanged.
- Click Save.