Add a business unit
- Workforce Management > Business Unit > Add permission
Use business units to organize agents and leverage permissions to meet business needs. Business units allow customers to configure agents who share queues into one or more management units.
To add and configure a business unit, perform these steps:
- Click Admin.
- Under Workforce Management, click Business Units.
- Click Add . The Business Units page opens to the General tab.
- In the Business Unit Name text box, type a name for the business unit.
- From the Start Day of Week list, select the business unit’s starting day.
- To change the forecasting time to a time zone other than local time, under Time Zone select the appropriate time zone. Note: The default time zone is the current location’s time zone.
- To change the division associated with this business unit, click the Division list make the appropriate selection. Note: The default division is Home.
- Set up short-term forecasting:
- Click the Short-Term Forecasting tab.
- Under Historical Weeks, use the arrows to select, in short-term forecasting, the number of weeks before the forecasted week to determine the specified week’s data. Note: If the forecast is in the future, the number of weeks that the system uses for source data is the number of historical weeks up to the current day. For example, if today’s date is March 1 and you select to forecast for the week of March 30, the system uses six weeks before March 1. If you select to forecast for the week of January 1, the system uses the six weeks before January 1.
- Click Save.