Manage a business unit
The following permissions:
- Workforce Management > Business Unit > View
- Workforce Management > Business Unit > Edit
- Workforce Management > Business Unit > Delete
You can change the business unit division with the required permissions. To move a business unit from one division to another from the divisions page, see Move objects from one division to another.
To edit a business unit, perform these steps:
- Click Admin.
- Under Workforce Management, click Business Units. The Business Units page opens.
- Optionally use the text box under Business Unit Name and search for the appropriate business unit.
- To edit the business unit, click the appropriate business unit’s link.
- In the General tab, you can edit the business unit name and change the business unit division with the required permissions.
- In the Forecasting tab, you can increase or decrease the number of weeks set in the Historical Weeks field.
- In the Scheduling tab, you can select or deselect to synch the payable time for a Time-off request with the schedule and you can modify the parameters set in the Validation Message Severities section. To add details each of the tabs in the business unit page, see Add a business unit.
- Click Save.
If a business unit contains management units, you cannot delete it. Before you can delete a business unit, remove any management units associated with it.
To delete a business unit, perform these steps:
- Click Admin.
- Under Workforce Management, click Business Units.
- Next to the business unit you want to delete, click More .
- From the menu that appears, click Delete.
- Enter the name of the business unit to delete.
- Click OK.