Voice transcription – How does Extended Voice Transcription Services provide customer data security?
Extended Voice Transcription Services streams media outside of Genesys Cloud to a third party to generate voice transcripts. Currently, these Extended Voice Transcription Services are provided by Microsoft through their Azure Speech-to-Text offering. As part of this combined offering, Genesys ensures data security in the following ways:
- Azure Speech-to-Text does not store any audio or transcription data at rest. All data in-transit is encrypted. For more information, see Microsoft Data and Privacy for Speech-to-Text.
- The media sent to Azure Speech-to-Text services is processed only in Azure’s server memory and no data is stored at rest by the third party.
- Once transcribed, all transcripts are encrypted and safely stored within Genesys Cloud.
- All media sent to a third party is encrypted using TLS.
- Transcripts created by Extended Voice Transcription and recorded interactions are stored by Genesys Cloud using the same type of encryption.