Voice transcription – What is the difference between Genesys Cloud Voice Transcription and Extended Voice Transcription Services
Both Genesys Cloud Voice Transcription and Extended Voice Transcription Services (EVTS) can transcribe voice interactions.
The differences between Genesys Cloud Voice Transcription and Extended Voice Transcription Services (EVTS) are summarized in the following list.
- EVTS extends Genesys Cloud’s own native transcription.
- EVTS uses third party transcription services and may have different performance attributes.
- EVTS uses Microsoft Azure Speech-to-Text as the underlying provider. Integration is performed directly from Genesys Cloud to Azure.
- EVTS can provide access to additional dialects and languages.
- EVTS is charged based on a price per minute of transcription usage.
- EVTS uses a non-customizable transcription model. Customization is only available with Genesys Voice Transcription.
- For non-Genesys Cloud CX 3 customers (in addition to EVTS charges), the customer will also be billed for WEM Add-on when Topic Spotting is used.
For more information about EVTS, see:
- Voice transcription – How much does Extended Voice Transcription Services cost?
- Voice transcription – How does Extended Voice Transcription Services provide customer data security?
- Voice transcription – Is voice transcription supported using third parties such as Amazon, Google, or Microsoft?