Genesys Cloud Background Assistant (GCBA) overview
The Genesys Cloud Background Assistant is available for Windows only.
Run as a background process – Invisible to users, Genesys Cloud Background Assistant is a helper program that makes screen recording possible when using Genesys Cloud in web browser. In Windows, it operates as a Windows service in the background.
Genesys Cloud Background Assistant starts automatically – Genesys Cloud Background Assistant automatically runs when your computer starts, so that screen recording can be captured whenever Genesys Cloud is used in web browser.
- Genesys Cloud Background Assistant supports screen recording when running with the Genesys Cloud web application or any of the Genesys Cloud embedded clients running in a web browser, whether it be third-party systems (Genesys Cloud for Salesforce, Genesys Cloud for Zendesk, Genesys Cloud for Microsoft Teams), or a browser extension in Chrome (Genesys Cloud for Chrome). Genesys Cloud Background Assistant does not support private deployment that integrates with Genesys Cloud Embeddable Framework.
- Screen recording cannot be supported by running Genesys Cloud Background Assistant in a user’s desktop while using Genesys Cloud in a web browser that is in a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environment.
Download the installer for your operating system:
To install, double-click the installer, and follow the prompts.
Log in to Genesys Cloud
- If needed, to the lower right, select your language from the list.
- Enter your email address and password.
- Select your organization’s region
- Click Log In.
If you use the same email address to log in to multiple organizations, you must enter an organization name when you log in. Genesys Cloud may ask you to enter an organization name, or you can click More Login Options.
If your administrator enabled single sign-on (SSO), click More Login Options to enter the organization name and authenticate with the Identity Provider, for example, OneLogin. Once authenticated, you can log in automatically to Genesys Cloud without entering your user name and password.
Configure desktop app settings
While configuration is similar on Windows and Macs, some differences apply: