Use a CMK key for export (optional)
Note: This article only applies to customers who want to use a CMK. This article does not apply to standard S3 Encryption or AWS-managed KMS keys.
- Complete Create IAM resources for AWS S3 bucket. A role must be created to grant Genesys Cloud access to your S3 resources.
To upload objects to your Amazon Web Services (AWS) S3 bucket using a Customer Managed Key (CMK), permission must be granted to the Genesys account to use the corresponding key for encryption purposes. This procedure outlines the steps required to add Genesys Cloud as an authorized user for this key.
- Log into AWS.
- Navigate to the AWS Services page.
- Click on Key Management Service (KMS).
- Add the Genesys Cloud Role to Key Users. This will grant Genesys Cloud access to use the key.
- Navigate to Customer Managed Keys located on the left side of the page.
- Select the key used for the S3 bucket that Genesys Cloud will export to.
- Under Key Users, click on Add.
- Select the role that was created to grant Genesys Cloud access to your S3 bucket. For more information, see Create IAM resources for AWS S3 bucket.
- Click on Add.