Test your microphone
To test your microphone, use the following procedures.
- From the Apple menu, click System Settings.
- Click Sound.
- Under Output and Input, click the Input tab.
- Talk into the microphone. The input level rises and falls as you speak.
- Adjust the Input volume as necessary.
- On the Taskbar, right-click and select Open Sound settings.
- Scroll to the Input section.
- From the list, select the microphone that you are using.
- Talk into the microphone. The Test your microphone level rises and falls as you speak.
- Optionally, to adjust the microphone volume level, click Device properties.
- Click the Levels tab.
- Move the slider to the appropriate level.
Refer to the corresponding manufacturer’s documentation for other operating system versions.
Troubleshoot microphone issues
If your microphone fails the tests above, consider these suggestions:
- Verify whether your microphone mute feature is on.
- Adjust the volume level.
- Check your connection if you are using a corded microphone connection.
- Check your Bluetooth connection if you are using a Bluetooth microphone.
Consult your microphone documentation for more specific assistance.