Test your media settings
If your computer and system meet all the Genesys Cloud requirements and you have issues with the Genesys Cloud WebRTC phone, then test your settings and check the following information.
- The Genesys Cloud WebRTC phone only works in the desktop app or in Chrome and Firefox browsers for the web app.
- Check that you have selected the correct phone. Contact your IT department or administrator if you do not have a Genesys Cloud WebRTC phone or do not know which phone to select.
Test your settings
- In the Interactions panel, click the settings icon.
Review the selections for your video, microphone, resolution, and sound.
To verify that you can hear sounds, click Play Sound.
To run diagnostic tests, click Run Diagnostics. The Media Settings box indicates the progress and results of the diagnostics tests.
- If the test indicates any issues, then use the next section for solutions.
Common issues and solutions
|For issues with…
- Check your speaker’s volume and settings on your computer.
- If you have more than one speaker connected to your computer, then use the phone settings to choose a different speaker
- Shut down or block other applications from using your speakers.
- If you are connected to a VPN, then disconnect from the VPN.
- Use a wired connection instead of a wireless one.
- Hang up and connect again.
- Inform your IT department of a connectivity problem.
|Placing or receiving calls
- Clear your browser’s cache.
- If you are on the web browser app, then log out and back in.
- If you are on the desktop app, then quit and restart the app.
- Switch browsers or to the desktop app, depending on which you using.
If these solutions do not work, then contact your IT department.