Specify routing and evaluation methods
Choose the routing method
- Under Routing Method, select which routing method you want to use:
- Standard routing (default)
- Predictive routing
- Bullseye routing
- Preferred agent routing
- Follow the instructions below for your selected routing method.
Configure standard routing
- Under Evaluation Method, select the method by which to match interactions and agents:
- All skills matching
- Best available skills
- Disregard skills, next agent (The agent with the longest time since last interaction.)
- Click Save.
Configure predictive routing
For more information about predictive routing, see Predictive routing overview.
- In the Key Performance Indicator box, click the KPI to optimize.
- In the Predictive Routing Timeout box, type the timeout period (from 12-900 seconds).
- Select one of the following predictive routing modes:
|To run comparison testing, where some interactions process using predictive routing and the rest by the selected baseline routing method:||
|To use predictive routing for all interactions that the queue processes:||Click Use for All Queue Interactions.|
|To route interactions using predictive routing 80% of the time and the selected baseline routing method 20% of the time:||
- To use workload balancing with predictive routing, set Workload Balancing to On.
- Under Timeout Routing Method, click the evaluation method to use when an interaction reaches the predictive routing timeout period and requires a fallback routing method. The fallback method is always standard routing.
- Click Save. The Queue list page appears, showing Predictive [Processing...] in the Routing Method column. For more information about the processing phase, see The KPI processing phase.
Configure bullseye routing
For more information on bullseye routing, see Advanced routing overview.
To configure bullseye routing, for ring 1 do the following:
- In the Route to available agents for box, type the number of seconds to wait before passing the call to the next consecutive ring.
- In the Remove these skills on ring exit box, type the name of one or more skills to remove from the selected agents if the exact target is not available to receive the interaction.Note: The maximum number of skills that you can remove on a single bullseye ring is 50.
- To expand the pool of available agents if if Genesys Cloud finds no match in the first ring, repeat steps 1-2 for each consecutive ring, up to six rings.
- Click Save.
Configure preferred agent routing
For more information on preferred agent routing, see Advanced routing overview.
To configure preferred agent routing, do the following:
- Select Add Ring.
- For the first ring, specify a score and determine how long to route interactions to agents with an assigned score that is equal to or higher than that value.
- To expand the pool of preferred agents if Genesys Cloud finds no match in the first ring, repeat steps 1-2 for each consecutive ring, up to six rings.
- To route interactions to all preferred agents for a specific length of time, enable Consider all preferred agents and then set the length, in seconds.
- Click Save.