Add an ACD skill variable
ACD skills are arbitrary designations of tasks, expertise, or knowledge that someone must have to handle an interaction. A skill variable represents a Genesys Cloud ACD skill (such as a language or certification) possessed by an agent. In Architect, an ACD skill requirement routes a work item to an eligible recipient. ACD skills are established and configured by the Genesys Cloud administrator.
Add a skill variable to a task sequence
In a task sequence, you can add a skill variable to an Update Data action and then call it from a Transfer to ACD action. For example, to send the call to an agent with fluent Spanish-speaking skills or a higher level of proficiency in Windows OS.
- From the Toolbox, expand the Data category and drag an Update Data action to the desired location in the task.
- On the Update Data design form, in the Name field, add a meaningful name to describe the item.
- Click the Add update statement button and select ACD Skill.
- In the Variable Name field, type the label to identify the variable on tasks.
- In the Value To Assign field, do one of the following:
- To set the value from literal mode, click the drop-down list and select the desired ACD skill.
- To set the value using an expression, click the expression button and do one of the following:
- Add the expression inline.
- Click the Edit Expression button to open the Edit Expression Editor and build your expression.
- (Optional) To add another variable, click the Add update statement button.
- Add a Transfer to ACD action to the task sequence and configure it to use the skill variables you created here.