Add an ACD skill variable
ACD skills are arbitrary designations of tasks, expertise, or knowledge that someone must have to handle an interaction. A skill variable represents a Genesys Cloud ACD skill (such as a language or certification) possessed by an agent. In Architect, an ACD skill requirement routes a work item to an eligible recipient. ACD skills are established and configured by the Genesys Cloud administrator.
Note: You can add skills created with the Update Data action and then call them from a Transfer to ACD action. For more information, see Set up a Transfer to ACD action.
Add a skill variable to a task sequence
In a task sequence, you can add a skill variable to an Update Data action and then call it from a Transfer to ACD action. For example, to send the call to an agent with fluent Spanish-speaking skills or a higher level of proficiency in Windows OS.
Note: The skills must be defined in Genesys Cloud by the administrator.
- From the Toolbox, expand the Data category and drag an Update Data action to the desired location in the task.
- In the Update Data workspace, add a meaningful name to describe the item.
- Click the Add update statement button and select ACD Skill.
- In the Variable Name field, type the label to identify the variable on tasks.
- In the Value To Assign field, perform one of these steps:
- To set the value from literal mode, click the list and select the desired ACD skill.
- To set the value using an expression, click the Expression button , select Expression, and do one of the following:
- Add the expression inline.
- Click the Large Expression Editor button to open the Edit Expression Editor and build your expression.
- (Optional) To add another variable, click the Add update statement button.
- Add a Transfer to ACD action to the task sequence and configure it to use the skill variables you created here.