Add an External Organization variable
External organizations are your customers, partners, and other businesses that you interact with. These organizations are sometimes called accounts. For more information about Genesys Cloud’s External Contacts feature, see About External Contacts and About creating a repository of customer data.
Add an external organization variable to a task sequence
In a task sequence, you can add an emergency group variable to an Update Data action.
- From the Toolbox, expand the Data category and drag an Update Data action to the desired location in the task.
- In the Update Data workspace, add a meaningful name to describe the item.
- Click the Add update statement button and select External Organization.
- In the Variable Name field, type the label to identify the variable on tasks.
- In the Value To Assign field, perform one of these steps:
- To set the value from literal mode, click the list and select the desired ACD skill.
- To set the value using an expression, click the Expression button , select Expression, and do one of the following:
- Add the expression inline.
- Click the Large Expression Editor button to open the Edit Expression Editor and build your expression.
- (Optional) To add another variable, click the Add update statement button.
- Add an appropriate action to the task sequence and configure it to use the skill variables you created here.