Set up the Genesys Cloud for Salesforce integration
Note: This article applies to Genesys Cloud for Salesforce.
To get started with Genesys Cloud for Salesforce, install the managed package and configure items in Salesforce and Genesys Cloud.
- Install the managed package.
- Set up a call center.
- Grant access to Apex classes through a permission set in Salesforce and assign permissions in Genesys Cloud.
For more information, see Administrator requirements.
Client capabilities, such as new interaction types or the user inbox, automatically update. To take advantage of anything that requires configuration, you must upgrade the managed package. For more information about items that require configuration, see Configure the call center settings.
- Upgrade the managed package.
- Configure the managed package settings.
- In Salesforce, click Setup.
- Search for and click Installed Packages.
- On the Installed Packages page, click Configure next to the Genesys Cloud for Salesforce package that you want to configure.
The managed package settings page appears. For more information, see Managed package settings.
For more information about the integration, see About Genesys Cloud for Salesforce.