Set up a Salesforce External Contact Sync integration
- A Salesforce account. (You must know your user name and password.)
- A Salesforce security token, which you generate from your Salesforce developer account.
For more information about how to generate a Salesforce security token, see the Salesforce online documentation.
- An installed and configured Genesys Cloud for Salesforce managed package. For more information, see About Genesys Cloud for Salesforce and Install or upgrade the Genesys Cloud for Salesforce managed package.
- A Genesys Cloud 1 license.
- Click Admin.
- Under Integrations, click Integrations.
- Click Integrations.
- In the Search box, search for the Salesforce External Contact Sync integration tile. When it appears, click Install.
- (Optional) Modify the name that Genesys Cloud provides. This name must be unique.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Click Credentials.
- Click Configure.
- In the Username box, type your Salesforce user name.
- In the Password box, type your Salesforce password.
- In the Security Token box, type your Salesforce security token.
- From the Login URL list, select the endpoint for the source Salesforce data.
- For an integration that connects to a production environment, select https://login.salesforce.com.
- For an integration that connects to a test environment, select https://test.salesforce.com.
- The Genesys Cloud API endpoint limits the login address to these URLs, which Salesforce establishes.
- Click OK. If you entered everything correctly, a conformation appears.
- Click Save.
- To activate your new integration, set the Status switch to Active.
- Click Yes.
- To set up triggered sync updates, set up the triggered update.