FAQs: Collaborate for iOS
What is the difference between Genesys Collaborate for iOS and Genesys Communicate for iOS?
Collaborate is a chat application that allows you to collaborate with your business colleagues, and Communicate is a telephone application that allows you to call your colleagues, partners, and customers from virtually anywhere.
Can I receive calls with the Collaborate mobile app?
No. Collaborate for iOS and Android is not a telephony endpoint. For calls on mobile devices, Genesys recommends Genesys Cloud Communicate for iOS, available in the App Store.
How do calls work with Collaborate for iOS?
For calls on mobile devices, Genesys recommends Genesys Cloud Communicate for iOS, available in the App Store.
How do I search with Collaborate for iOS?
To search for people or groups to chat with, tap Search . In the Find People and Official Groups field, type the name of the person or official group that you want to find.
To search for the profile of a person or group, follow these steps:
- Tap More .
- Tap Search.
- At the bottom, tap either Person or Group .
- In the Search field, begin to enter the name of the person or group. Collaborate displays the results that match.
- Tap the name of the person or group that you want. Collaborate displays their profile.
How do I create a new personal group with Collaborate for iOS?
To create a new personal group, tap New group and give the new group a name.
Where can I download the desktop and mobile apps?
You can download Collaborate for iOS from the App store. Search for Genesys Cloud Collaborate.
For more information about the Genesys Cloud desktop app, see the Genesys Cloud Resource Center.
How can I check for available updates for Collaborate for iOS?
To check the version of the Genesys Cloud mobile app that you have, do the following:
- Tap Menu and select Settings.
- Compare the version to the one available from the App Store.
Are some features unavailable in Collaborate for iOS that are available for other apps?
Yes. By design, Collaborate for iOS has a limited set of the browser and desktop app features.
How do I change my location setting in Collaborate for iOS?
If you previously declined to allow Collaborate for iOS access to your location information, you can want to add your location. Or you can check your location setting. To check or change your location setting, tap Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Collaborate.
How do I share my current location with Collaborate for iOS?
When you install Genesys Cloud for iOS on your mobile device, the installation process prompts you to allow the app to collect your location information. Once you allow your device to share your location, your current location is available in Genesys Cloud.
How does my current location sync between the browser or desktop apps and the mobile app?
If you log in from multiple clients, then Genesys Cloud reports your mobile app’s most recent location. In other words, your mobile phone’s location is primary when you use multiple Collaborate clients:
- If you are logged into multiple Collaborate clients, for example, the web browser app on your work computer, the desktop app on your home computer, and the mobile app on your mobile phone, Genesys Cloud reports the most recent location update from your mobile app.
- If you are not logged into the Collaborate for iOS or Android, or if the location on the mobile phone timed out after the one hour timeout period, Genesys Cloud reports the most recent location update from the last computer that you used.
How do I select my region?
When you log in to the browser app, desktop app, or mobile app, select the region where your organization was created; for example, Americas (US East). If you are already logged in, then log out and log back in with the selected region.
Whether you are in the office, at home, or traveling, your access to Genesys Cloud routes to the URL that corresponds to the location of the Amazon data center for your region.
If you are unsure of your region, contact your Genesys Cloud administrator. Alternatively, try these workarounds.
- First time log in: Access the Genesys Cloud login URL for each region. Login is successful only with the URL that corresponds to your organization’s region.
- Currently logged in: (web app only) The web app URL corresponds to your organization’s region.
For more information about regions, see AWS regions for Genesys Cloud.
What happens if I log in to both Collaborate and Communicate and I log out of one?
When you log out of either Collaborate or Communicate for iOS, Genesys Cloud logs you out of the other application as well.
How do I log out of Collaborate for iOS?
To log out of Collaborate for iOS, do the following:
- To the upper left, tap Menu .
- Tap Settings and then Logout.
Why do I get a Session Expired message?
Sessions are not permanent and they expire for security reasons. When you receive the message, log back in to the app.
The default session timeframe for an authenticated user on the mobile apps is 30 days. You cannot customize this value.
- If your organization uses Automatic Inactivity Timeout, Collaborate logs you out after the set period of inactivity, superseding the default timeout.
- If your organization is HIPAA complaint, Collaborate logs you off after 15 minutes, even if your admin does not set the inactivity timeout. Even if your admin sets the inactivity timeout, the maximum amount can be no more than 15 minutes.
How do I configure an MDM (mobile device management) browser authentication?
Communicate for iOS supports MDM with the following browsers. In your MDM, add a definedBrowserScheme key with a scheme value listed in the following table.
How do I disable MDM authentication?
To disable MDM authentication, go to your device Settings > Communicate and disable External Browsers.
What are the prerequisites for Collaborate for iOS?
- A UnifiedCommunications-enabled org
And the following permissions:
- Chat > Chat > Access (to access Collaborate chat)
- Conversation > One Number Fax > Receive (to enable one number fax)
- Conversation > Call > Add (to add a call)
- Conversation > Call > Record (to record a call)
- Conversation > Call Forwarding > Edit (to configure automatic call forwarding)
- Mobile > Collaborate > View (to allow access to the Collaborate mobile apps)
- Routing > Agent > Onqueue (to allow access to agent-specific chat rooms)
- Routing > Queue > Edit (to allow access to agent-specific chat rooms)
- Voicemail > Voicemail > Receive (to receive voicemail)
Why are Collaborate for iOS users missing expected functionality, such as the inbox or call controls?
Missing permissions can cause unpredictable behavior.
How can an admin deny a user access to the Collaborate mobile app?
To prevent a user's access to the Collaborate mobile app, remove the Mobile > Collaborate > View permission.
Does Collaborate for iOS support FedRAMP complaince?
The Genesys Cloud mobile apps do not currently support FedRAMP compliance.
On iOS, what do I receive notifications for and how?
Collaborate for iOS notifies you of one-to-one chat messages and of group chats where someone mentions you using the @ symbol.
When you enable notifications in the mobile app settings, the mobile device gives notifications based on the device settings.
See Settings > Notifications > Collaborate on your iOS device. The Genesys Cloud mobile app supports Show in Notification Center, Sounds, Show on Lock Screen, and badging, including badge count, on the app icon.
How does status sync between the mobile app and the desktop or browser apps?
When you change your status in any app, the change synchronizes with all other apps.
How do notifications sync between the mobile apps and the desktop or browser apps?
When your desktop browser app presence is Online or Busy, you do not receive notifications on your mobile device unless the mobile app is open.
When your desktop or browser app presence is Away or Offline, you receive notifications on your mobile device, even if the mobile app is not open. To stop receiving notification on your mobile device, log out of the mobile app.