FAQs: Collaborate for iOS
What is the difference between Genesys Collaborate for iOS and Genesys Communicate for iOS?
Collaborate is a chat application that allows you to collaborate with your business colleagues, and Communicate is a telephone application that allows you to call your colleagues, partners, and customers from virtually anywhere.
Can I receive calls with the Collaborate mobile app?
No. Collaborate for iOS and Android is not a telephony endpoint. For calls on mobile devices, Genesys recommends Genesys Cloud Communicate for iOS, available in the App Store.
How do calls work with Collaborate for iOS?
For calls on mobile devices, Genesys recommends Genesys Cloud Communicate for iOS, available in the App Store.
If I deleted a group voicemail, did I delete it for everyone in the group?
Yes. When you delete a group voicemail, you immediately delete it from the group voicemail box. You cannot restore a deleted voicemail.
How can I add notes to a voicemail message in Collaborate for iOS?
To add a note, tap Add in the Notes section. Then type your note. Tap Save.
To delete a note, tap at the end of the note and then use the backspace key to delete each character of the note.
How can I check my voicemail messages with Collaborate for iOS?
- Tap Menu and select Inbox.
- Tap Voicemail.
- Tap the voicemail message that you want to hear.Note: The list of voicemail messages includes both your personal and your group voicemail messages.
Where can I download the desktop and mobile apps?
You can download Collaborate for iOS from the App store. Search for Genesys Cloud Collaborate.
For more information about the Genesys Cloud desktop app, see the Genesys Cloud Resource Center.
How can I check for available updates for Collaborate for iOS?
To check the version of the Genesys Cloud mobile app that you have, do the following:
- Tap Menu and select Settings.
- Compare the version to the one available from the App Store.
Are some features unavailable in Collaborate for iOS that are available for other apps?
Yes. By design, Collaborate for iOS has a limited set of the browser and desktop app features.
How do I change my location setting in Collaborate for iOS?
If you previously declined to allow Collaborate for iOS access to your location information, you may want to add your location. Or you may want to check your location setting. To check or change your location setting, tap Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Collaborate.
How do I share my current location with Collaborate for iOS?
When you install Genesys Cloud for iOS on your mobile device, the installation process prompts you to allow the app to collect your location information. Once you allow your device to share your location, your current location is available in Genesys Cloud.
How does my current location sync between the browser or desktop apps and the mobile app?
If you log in from multiple clients, then Genesys Cloud reports your mobile app’s most recent location. In other words, your mobile phone’s location is primary when you use multiple Collaborate clients:
- If you are logged into multiple Collaborate clients, for example, the web browser app on your work computer, the desktop app on your home computer, and the mobile app on your mobile phone, the most recent location update from the mobile app is reported.
- If you are not logged into the Collaborate for iOS or Android, or if the location on the mobile phone timed out after the one hour timeout period, Genesys Cloud reports the most recent location update from the last computer that you used.
How do I select my region?
When you log in to the browser app, desktop app, or mobile app, you are prompted to select the region where your organization was created, for example, Americas (US East), Americas (US West), Americas (Canada), Asia Pacific (Seoul), Asia Pacific (Sydney), Asia Pacific (Tokyo), EMEA (Dublin), EMEA (Frankfurt), or EMEA (London). If you are already logged in, log out and log back in with the region selected.
Whether you are in the office, at home, or traveling, your access to Genesys Cloud is routed to the URL corresponding to the location of the Amazon data center for your region.
If you are unsure of your region, contact your Genesys Cloud administrator. Alternatively, try these work-arounds.
- First time log in: Access the Genesys Cloud login URL for each region. Log in will be successful only with the URL corresponding to your organization’s region.
- Currently logged in: (Web app only) The web app URL corresponds to your organization’s region.
What happens if I log into both Collaborate and Communicate and I log out of one?
Collaborate for iOS and Communicate for iOS have independent logins. If you log out of one, the other is unaffected.
How do I log out of Collaborate for iOS?
To log out of Collaborate for iOS, do the following:
- To the upper left, tap Menu .
- Tap Settings and then Logout.
Why do I get a Session Expired message?
Sessions are not meant to be permanent, and they expire for security reasons. When you receive the message, log back in to the app.
What are the prerequisites for Collaborate for iOS?
- A UnifiedCommunications-enabled org
And the following permissions:
- Chat > Chat > Access (to access Collaborate chat)
- Conversation > One Number Fax > Receive (to enable one number fax)
- Conversation > Call > Add (to add a call)
- Conversation > Call > Record (to record a call)
- Conversation > Call Forwarding > Edit (to configure automatic call forwarding)
- Mobile > Collaborate > View (to allow access to the Collaborate mobile apps)
- Routing > Agent > Onqueue (to allow access to agent-specific chat rooms)
- Routing > Queue > Edit (to allow access to agent-specific chat rooms)
- Voicemail > Voicemail > Receive (to receive voicemail)
Why are Collaborate for iOS users missing expected functionality, such as the inbox or call controls?
Missing permission can cause unpredictable behavior.
How can an admin deny a user access to the Collaborate mobile app?
To prevent a user's access to the Collaborate mobile app, remove the Mobile > Collaborate > View permission.
On iOS, what do I receive notifications for and how?
Collaborate for iOS notifies you of one-to-one chat messages and of group chats where someone mentions you using the @ symbol.
When you enable notifications in the mobile app settings, the mobile device delivers notifications based on the device settings.
See Settings > Notifications > Collaborate on your iOS device. The Genesys Cloud mobile app supports Show in Notification Center, Sounds, Show on Lock Screen, and badging, including badge count, on the app icon.
How does status sync between the mobile app and the desktop or browser apps?
When you change your status in any app, the change synchronizes with all other apps.
How do notifications sync between the mobile apps and the desktop or browser apps?
When your desktop browser app presence is Online or Busy, you do not receive notifications on your mobile device unless the mobile app is open.
When your desktop or browser app presence is Away or Offline, you receive notifications on your mobile device, even if the mobile app is not open. To stop receiving notification on your mobile device, log out of the mobile app.