Optional sources of data for predictive routing
While some of the required data is available for Genesys predictive routing to readily consume, you can make other additional data available for predictive routing to use.
If available, predictive routing uses data from the following sources:
- If your organization has web survey enabled and you have enough survey data available for agents assigned to GPR-enabled queues, predictive routing uses the survey data for model training and routing prediction purposes.
- Agent profile data
- Participant data
While not mandatory, the availability of the following optional data can help your organization achieve better routing results.
For the agent profile data to be considered for routing decisions, make sure you have the following information available for a maximum number of agents who are working on queues that have Genesys predictive routing enabled.
- Add agent’s employment and certification data. See Standard profile fields.
- Click People & Permissions > People.
- In the Search field, to filter the type the first few letters of the person’s first or last name.
- Click the Person Details tab and click View Edit Mode.
- Click Add new section and enter the following data:
Section Field On the Person Details page (below the profile picture) Department HR
- Hire Date
- Employee Type
Skills & Certifications Certifications
- Add the agent’s ACD skill and language data. See Add an ACD skill or language to a user.
For customer data to be considered for routing decisions, customers must have attributes, or participant data, assigned to them. The participant data must meet the following conditions:
|Name of attribute||
For predictive routing purposes, participant data attributes are considered case-insensitive. Genesys highly recommends to not have two participant data attributes with the same name.
Note: If you use special characters such as spaces, dots, and commas, predictive routing does not consider the attribute for routing decisions.
|Value of attribute||
|Availability||Genesys recommends that you attach attributes to all or most of the conversations. If an attribute is attached only to a small volume of interactions, predictive routing does not use the data for routing decisions.|
If attribute values are of string type, ensure that the cardinality of those values is low. If cardinality is high (for example every conversation has different value for certain attribute), predictive routing does not use the data for routing decisions. This cardinality condition does not apply to attributes with numeric values.
Genesys recommends that you do not add any PII as participant data attributes as either keys or values.
Following are examples of participant data attributes that enhance the accuracy of predictive routing decisions:
|CUSTOMER_IS_VIP||Is the customer a VIP||true/false|
|CONTRACT_TYPE||Type of contract the customer has||silver/gold/platinum|
|INTENT||Intent of customer||1,2,3,4,5,6|
|PROPENSITY_TO_CHURN||Propensity of customer to churn||Any number (may be between 0-100)|