Add an ACD skill
- Routing > Skill > Manage permission
- Click Admin.
- Under Contact Center, click ACD Skills. The Manage ACD Skills page opens.
- From the Category drop-down list, select the category under which you want the skill to be organized:
- Languages. For example, an agent who speaks or comprehends Japanese and can assist Japanese-speaking callers.
- Skills. For example, if an agent is highly competent in warranty specifications, he or she can be a first choice when the system routes warranty calls to agents.
- Select Add Skill. The Add Skill dialog box opens.
- In the New ACD Skill text box, type the name of the skill you want to add. .
Note: To make the most of ACD skills, keep your entries short and follow a consistent format. For example:
- Accounting, Warranty, Service, Windows, Mac.
Not: Some accounting, Knows warranty, Uses Windows but knows some Mac.
- Spanish – Oral, Spanish – Written, French – Oral, French – Written.
Not: Spanish–Oral, Speaks French, can read Chinese.
- Click Save. A message appears, informing you the new ACD skill tag was successfully created.
You can now assign the skill to agents. For more information, see the Suggested content.