On queue and off queue
- Routing > Agent > Onqueue permission
Agents can go on queue to become available to receive interactions. Any user with the Agent role, such as a manager, can also go on queue. This ability allows other users to help in times of understaffing or high incoming interaction volume.
To make yourself available to receive new interactions, use the On Queue/Off Queue toggle.
|On Queue||Indicates that the user is logged on and ready to accept new interactions.|
|Off Queue||Indicates that the agent is logged on but is not currently accepting new interactions.|
Note: When an agent declines or does not answer an interaction within a certain amount of time, Genesys Cloud places the agent into Not Responding status. While Not Responding, the agent does not receive new interactions. Declined or not answered interactions reenter the queue.
Choose your next status while interacting
During a current interaction, to avoid automatically connecting to the next incoming interaction, the agent can specify the Off Queue status.
- While handing an interaction, click On Queue to change the status to Off Queue.
Any current interactions or interaction in after-call work (ACW) status remain.
- Complete any current interactions and ACW.
- To change the status again (for example, when a break is over), click Off Queue to return to the On Queue status.
- When you log on to Genesys Cloud, your default status is Available.
- When you change your status or presence, the change takes effect immediately.