Move a management unit
You can move one or more management units to another business unit.
When an agent belongs to a work plan rotation, moving that agent’s management unit to another business unit impacts the agent work plan assignment during the scheduling process.
For example, consider this scenario with the following constraints:
- Business unit: MondayBU (the start day of the week is Monday)
- The management unit belongs to the MondayBU business unit
- Work plan rotation start date : October 19, 2020 (Monday)
- Agent start date: October 19, 2020 (Monday)
- Work plan pattern: WP1, WP2
- The agent does not have a default work plan
- Schedule period: October 19, 2020 (for 2 weeks)
In this scenario, the agent assignment is:
|1 (October 19, 2020)||WP1|
|2 (October 26, 2020)||WP2|
Now consider the following changes:
- Move the management unit to the WednesdayBU business unit
- Change the schedule period to October 17, 2020 (for 2 weeks)
When you generate the schedule for the same agent, the agent’s assignment is:
|1 (October 17, 2020)||<empty>|
|2 (October 24, 2020)||WP2|
In the first week, because the agent is not fully available in that week, the scheduling engine does not schedule the agent. The agent’s start date is October 19, 2020 but the schedule start date is October 17, 2020.
To move a management unit, follow these steps:
- Click Admin.
- Under Workforce Management, click Management Units.
- Select the management unit or units to move to another business unit.
- Click Move .
- Select a business unit. Note: Business units are filtered based on permissions and the capacity for the unit to accommodate management units.
- Click Move.