Grant a role and a division to a user
After you create a division, you must grant yourself or another user the appropriate role in the division. Then, add the division to the user role. This process ensures that the user can add and manage objects in the division.
- Click Admin.
- Under People & Permissions, click People.
- Navigate to the person to which you want to grant a role in the division.
- Click More and from the menu that appears, click Edit Person. The Edit Person page opens to the Roles tab.
- To add a new role, do the following:
- Click the View list and select All.
- Search for or navigate to the role you want to add.
- In the Assigned column next to the role to add, click to enable the role.
- In the Divisions column, do the following:
- In the Divisions column, click inside the Divisions box next to the appropriate role.
- Begin typing the first few letters of the division and select it from the list.
- To add all divisions, click Select All.
- To add all future divisions and give users access to all divisions on the roles that provide the permissions, select the All future divisions check box. This option eliminates the need to repeat this step as you add new divisions. You must click Select All before you can select the All future divisions check box.
- Repeat step 6 to add more divisions to this user’s role.
- To remove a division from the role, click X next to the division.
- Click Save.