Genesys Cloud Voice activation requirements and service restrictions for Colombia
There are certain activation requirements and service restrictions that apply to using Genesys Cloud Voice in Columbia.
- Any company located outside of Colombia can purchase Genesys Cloud Voice geographic numbers in Colombia. Genesys Cloud Voice geographic numbers cannot be purchased or assigned to residents or companies registered in Colombia. Genesys Cloud Voice geographic numbers cannot be purchased or assigned to residents or companies registered in Colombia. These numbers are based on city area codes. For example, a Bogotá area number (+57-601-XXX-XXXX). Not all cities are available; availability depends on our supplier inventory and current availability in the market. The Genesys Cloud Voice Number Management, which allows you to purchase DID and toll-free numbers, provides the most current information about the availability of numbers in any geographic area.
- Domestic toll-free numbers in Colombia start with prefix (0800). These numbers can only be called within Colombia from landlines and mobile phones. Note that there is a regulatory process requirement for obtaining domestic toll-free numbers in Colombia.
- A global address of the end user is required. This must be submitted before activating the number and the information must be up to date during use.
- Colombian numbers will be limited to 2 channels (or simultaneous calls) per number. We can increase the call capacity per number to 10 or 30 by request.
- Number portability is not currently supported in Colombia.
- Intermittent international reachability and DTMF issues may prevail.
- Genesys Cloud Voice does not offer non-geographic numbers (NGN). However, we constantly evaluate customer requirements and may offer these numbers in the future.