Genesys Cloud Voice activation requirements and service restrictions for Brazil
There are certain activation requirements and service restrictions that apply to using Genesys Cloud Voice in Brazil.
- Any company located outside of Brazil can purchase Genesys Cloud Voice geographic numbers in Brazil. Genesys Cloud Voice geographic numbers cannot be purchased or assigned to residents or companies registered in Brazil.
- Geographic numbers are based on city area codes. For example, a Brasília area number (+55-61-XXX-XXXX). Not all cities are available; availability depends on our supplier inventory and current availability in the market. The Genesys Cloud Voice Number Management provides the most current information about the availability of numbers in any geographic area. For more information, see Purchase DID numbers.
- Domestic toll-free numbers in Brazil start with prefix (0800). A domestic toll-free number does not require an address for activation. These numbers can only be called within Brazil from landlines and mobile phones. Note that there is a regulatory process requirement for obtaining domestic toll-free numbers in Brazil. The numbers per order are limited in quantity and can take a few days to weeks for ordering/activation. For more information, see Purchase toll-free numbers.
- Number portability is not currently supported in Brazil.
- Intermittent national and international reachability issues have been reported for numbers from Porto Alegre (area code 51) and Salvador (area code 71).
- Genesys Cloud Voice does not offer non-geographic numbers (NGN). However, we constantly evaluate customer requirements and may offer these numbers in the future.