Edit the location for a PureCloud Voice number
- PureCloud Voice Admin role
- The location you want
To track the location of a phone for taxation or billing purposes, specify a location for a PureCloud Voice number. The location of a number appears on the Numbers tab of the PureCloud Voice / Number Management page:
- To provide a means for emergency dialing, PureCloud Voice includes an Emergency Dialing service. However, because the PureCloud Voice Services and the Emergency Dialing service are Internet-based, they could be limited or unavailable under certain circumstances, such as during a power outage or a broadband/Internet service disruption. Therefore, emergency services personnel will not necessarily know the location of a phone based on its record in PureCloud Voice. In the event of an emergency, be prepared to tell emergency personnel the physical location of a phone and affix emergency services warning labels to all PureCloud devices.
- European customers: If you change the location that was originally assigned to a number, it may take several days before the change takes effect with your carrier. If you need to contact emergency services during this time, be prepared to tell emergency personnel the physical location of the phone.
- Click Admin.
- Under PureCloud Voice, click Number Management.
- To find a number in the list, sort or filter the list.
- Click the number you want.
- Click Edit Location.
- Select the location.
Note: You can only pair a location with a number that originates from the same country.
- Click Save.