Deprecation: Legacy alerting system
|June 14, 2023
|March 20, 2024
On June 7, 2023, Genesys replaced the legacy alerting capability with the new real-time alerting capability. This deprecation affects customers who use the legacy alerting capability. On March 20, 2024, Genesys Cloud will remove the legacy alerting capability.
Am I affected?
The deprecation affects you if you use the legacy alerting capability. However, to minimize impact, you can run both the new and legacy alerting capabilities side by side until migration to the new alerting capability completes.
What are the impacts?
- The create new button in the before version is unavailable. However, you can edit the rules in the before version to start transitioning to the new system. You have the option to switch over to the new system with an information tooltip beside the create new button.
What do I need to do before the removal date?
- Recreate the rules in the new alerting capability. If you want Genesys to copy the existing rules to the new system, then send a request to My Support.
- Familiarize yourself with the new UI to manage the alert rules and the triggered alerts within the Genesys Cloud inbox.
- Disable the rules in the before version after copying the rules into the after version to prevent double notifications for the triggered alerts.
How do I access the new alerting system?
- The new alerting capability is available within the Analytics workspace under the Performance menu.
- You can also access the new capability by clicking Switch to new version link in the legacy alert rules UI:
For more information on how to create an alert, see Create an alert rule.
Who should I contact if I need help or have additional questions?
Contact your local Genesys representative or My Support.