Delete a group
- Click Admin.
- Under Directory, click Groups.
- Next to the group name, under Actions click More.
- Click Delete Group.
- Click Yes.
- General groups and chat rooms are similar, but they are not the same.
- When you create a general group, Genesys Cloud simultaneously creates an associated chat room with the same name.
- When you delete a general group, Genesys Cloud does not delete the associated chat room. Instead, it places the associated chat room in Recently Closed.
- You cannot delete a Genesys Cloud chat room. Recently Closed always lists the last 20 items you closed.
- You can be a member of up to 100 official and 100 social groups.
- Genesys recommends that you limit the number of groups per org to 500.