Add a decimal variable
A decimal number is a value consisting only of digits (0 to 9) and a decimal point. The number of display decimal places is configurable.
Note: In Architect, the decimal data type supports up to 28 total digits. Therefore, the minimum value allowed in a decimal is -9999999999999999999999999999 and the maximum value is +9999999999999999999999999999.
Add a decimal variable to a task sequence
In a task sequence, you can add a decimal variable to an Update Data data action. For example,
- From the Toolbox, expand the Data category and drag an Update Data action to the desired location in the task.
- On the Update Data design form, in the Name field, add a meaningful name to describe the item.
- Click the Add update statement button and select Decimal.
- In the Variable Name field, type the label to identify the variable on tasks.
- In the Value To Assign field, do one of the following:
- To set the value from literal mode, click the + or – buttons to select the desired value.
- To set the value using an expression, click the expression button and do one of the following:
- Add the expression inline.
- Click the Edit Expression button to open the Edit Expression Editor and build your expression.
- To optionally add another variable, click the Add update statement button.