Add a DateTime variable
A DateTime value is a string in the format prescribed by the XML standard for date data, similar to ISO 8601.
Note: Architect currently does not support offsets or timezones on DateTime values. You cannot specify offset or time zone, but Architect reports the value in an expression editor function as if it were UTC. If you create a function that calls ToString(datetime), Architect returns the value with a Z appended to the string and treats the value as UTC.
Add a DateTime variable to a task sequence
In a task sequence, you can add a date | time variable to an Update Data action.
- From the Toolbox, expand the Data category and drag an Update Data action to the desired location in the task.
- In the Update Data workspace, in the Name field, add a meaningful name to describe the item.
- Click the Add update statement button and select DateTime.
- In the Variable Name field, type the label to identify the variable on tasks.
- To set the values in literal mode, in the Value To Assign field, do the following:
- Click the date field to display a calendar dialog box and select the appropriate date, month, and year.
- Click the time field and select the appropriate time value, including AM and PM.
- To set the value using an expression, click the Expression button , select Expression, and do one of the following:
- Add the expression inline.
- Click the Large Expression Editor button to open the Edit Expression Editor and build your expression.
- (Optional) To add another variable, click the Add update statement button.