Add a DateTime variable
A DateTime value is a string in the format prescribed by the XML standard for date data, similar to ISO 8601. In this release, Architect allows DateTime values, but not Date and Time values.
Add a DateTime variable to a task sequence
In a task sequence, you can add a date | time variable to an Update Data data action. For example,
- From the Toolbox, expand the Data category and drag an Update Data action to the desired location in the task.
- On the Update Data design form, in the Name field, add a meaningful name to describe the item.
- Click the Add update statement button and select DateTime.
- In the Variable Name field, type the label to identify the variable on tasks.
- To set the values in literal mode, in the Value To Assign field, do the following:
- Click the date field to display a calendar dialog box and select the appropriate date, month, and year.
- Click the time field and select the appropriate time value, including AM and PM.
- To set the value using an expression, in the Value To Assign field, click the expression button and do one of the following:
- Add the expression inline.
- Click the Edit Expression button to open the Edit Expression Editor and build your expression.
- To optionally add another variable, click the Add update statement button.