Create an SMS campaign with MMS
- Genesys Cloud CX 1 Digital Add-on II, Genesys Cloud CX 2, Genesys Cloud CX 2 Digital, Genesys Cloud CX 3 or Genesys Cloud CX 3 Digital license
The following permissions are required for all campaign types:
- Outbound > messagingCampaign > Add, Delete, Edit, View
- Outbound > Contactlist > Search
The following permissions are optional for all campaign types:
- Outbound > Dnclist > Search
- Outbound > Contactabletimeset > View
- sms > phoneNumber > View
Before creating a digital SMS campaign with an MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) image, set up the long or short code SMS number with MMS enabled for your MMS campaign. The type of code you need is largely based on specific regulations within the messaging country. In addition to setting up a long or short code when you create an SMS campaign, the following information is for countries that support MMS:
|Code||MMS supported countries|
|Short code||To and from the United States only. Canada is not supported.|
|Long code||To and from the United States and Canada only.|
|Toll-free number||To and from the United States and Canada.|
Adding an MMS image to your SMS campaign
- Supported MMS image media types are: .jpeg, .jpg, .png, and .gif.
- An MMS image, for an SMS campaign, has a 5-MB limit.
- For more information about uploading an image to the assets library, see Create an image library for Canned Responses.
- Only one MMS image can be added to an SMS campaign template.
- The maximum MMS image size, for an SMS campaign template, cannot exceed 5 MB.
- An MMS image plus text in an SMS campaign template cannot exceed 5 MB.
- For more information about adding an MMS image to an SMS campaign template, see Add an SMS campaign template message.
Note: If an MMS image has not previously been added to the assets library, you can upload the image to the assets library when attaching an image to an SMS campaign template.
- When creating your SMS campaign, be sure the provisioned sender SMS phone number you select for your digital campaign is MMS-enabled.
- For more information about adding an SMS campaign template, see Create an SMS campaign.