PureCloud Customer Care
PureCloud Customer Care is focused on your experience through a global, live answer 7X24 PureCloud Customer Care model. This article will focus on defining Severity levels, target Restoration and Resolution times, Root Cause Analysis, and the PureCloud Customer Care Response Policy which enables PureCloud Customer Care to provide the customer with the most effective and efficient experience possible.
Become a Designated Contact by taking the PureCloud Customer Roles and Responsibilities training and completing the form at the end of the training. Allow 48 business hours to receive your credentials.
See status.mypurecloud.com for PureCloud’s operational, system availability, and incident information.
|PureCloud Customer Care offering||Cost||Go|
|Resource Center, eLearning
|My Support Web Portal
|License of Collaborate, Communicate, or PureCloud 1, 2, or 3||
|PureCloud Customer Care (Japan)||Overview of PureCloud Customer Care in Japan|
|License of Collaborate, Communicate, or PureCloud 1, 2, or 3||Phone Numbers|
|Chat Support||License of Collaborate, Communicate, or PureCloud 1, 2, or 3||Request chat from Customer Care|
Please do the following before opening a case by using the My Support web portal:
- Do some basic troubleshooting. See Troubleshooting before calling Customer Care.
- Make sure to understand which problems PureCloud Customer Care is responsible for handling. See Customer areas of responsibility.
- Gather the following:
- Organization short name. Click Admin > Account Settings > Organization Settings.
- Organization ID. Click Admin > Account Settings > Organization Settings and click Advanced.
- Conversation ID (How do I get this?)
- Description of the issue and its business impact
Also note the following:
- Include any other information to help us analyze your issue, such as configuration files, screen shots of errors, and console logging.
- Report each issue separately so it can be individually tracked to a successful resolution. For best results, avoid grouping issues together.
- For resolution of Critical (Severity Level 1) issues, a Designated Contact must be available at all times to work with PureCloud Customer Care.
Severity is defined as the impact an issue has on the Customer’s ability to conduct business. Restoration targets are based on the Severity level assigned to an incident by PureCloud Customer Care.
Priority is defined as the customer-designated level of importance and is used as a weighting factor when defining the severity level of an incident.
PureCloud Customer Care prioritizes issues based on the severity level.
|1 – Critical||The customer is experiencing a severe problem resulting in an inability to perform a critical business function. There is no workaround.|
|2 – High||The customer is able to perform job functions but performance is degraded or severely limited.|
|3 – Medium||The Customer’s ability to perform job functions is largely unaffected, but noncritical functions or procedures are unusable or hard to use. A workaround is available.|
|4 – Low||
PureCloud is available and operational; trivial impact to Customer’s business operations or Customer requires information or assistance on the PureCloud Service capabilities or configuration.
The characteristics set forth in the above table are used to identify the criteria for the severity of a Customer’s case. The assigned severity level for an issue may be mutually re-determined by both Genesys and the Customer during the issue resolution process, but Genesys shall have the final authority as to the actual Severity designation.
Target initial response times are based on the severity level of each incident.
|Severity level||Standard initial response time|
|1 – Critical||
A severe impact or degradation to the Customer’s business operations caused by intermittent disruption of Genesys PureCloud Service.
Response Target: 10 min. (phone)
|2 – High||
Genesys PureCloud Service is available and operational; moderate impact to the Customer’s business operations.
Response Target: 2 business hour (My Support)
|3 – Medium||
Genesys PureCloud Service is available and operational; nominal adverse impact to the Customer’s business operations.
Response Target: 2 business hours (My Support)
|4 – Low||
Genesys PureCloud Service is available and operational; no impact to the Customer’s business operations or the Customer requires information or assistance on the Genesys PureCloud Service capabilities or configuration.
Response Target: 2 business hours (My Support)
The objective of PureCloud Customer Care is to restore functionality as quickly as possible.
Time to restore is the amount of time a customer is impacted before functionality is restored. Time to restore targets are based on the assigned severity.
Time to resolve is the amount of time it takes to resolve the root cause of an issue.
Time to restore and time to resolve apply only to platform-level issues. Issues that impact a single customer are not platform level issues.
PureCloud Customer Care analysts strive to restore platform issue functionality within the following target restoration times.
|Severity level||Restoration target|
|1 – Critical||4 hours|
|2 – High||2 business days|
|3 – Medium||5 business days|
|4 – Low||NA|
Once service has been restored for a Platform Level Severity 1 issue, the Genesys Cloud Customer Care team will provide a preliminary incident summary in your case. Should you wish to receive the official Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for a platform affecting issue, please inform your engineer in the case notes. If the incident summary from the platform level issue provides the necessary information for your business, you may close your case at this time.
PureCloud Customer Care provides a comprehensive RCA to affected customers within 5 business days for Critical and High issues affecting the PureCloud platform. If the customer requires additional documentation, then the customer can make such request via the case notes. If the customer requires a follow-up discussion in addition to the documentation, then the customer can add this request to the case. A meeting is then coordinated when the final document is delivered.
Contacting PureCloud Customer Care Management
If you have a case that requires management assistance, please first ensure that a Customer Care case has been logged for use as a point of reference. In addition, be sure to indicate the priority/impact in the support case. Customer Care cannot address your concerns until it has been properly reported to our technical team. For Priority/Severity 1 technical issues or requests, please contact us on any of our Support IVR numbers.
- The initial escalation request should be made through your open My Support case. This request should include a clear and concise description of the issue and the impact to your business to help the Care team prioritize your case appropriately.
- If you are unsatisfied with the level of attention after escalation from within the My Support case, please send your urgency request to PureCloudManagementAttention@genesys.com using the email template below.
- If this is a critical outage, please call in for phone support.
Please use the following as guiding criteria to consider prior to requesting escalation of an existing PureCloud case:
- An escalation should not be requested due to a request for RCA unless 5 business days have passed, per our standard Service Level Targets for RCA delivery.
- Please do not escalate based on change in urgency/impact; instead request change of priority of case per the recommendation below.
- If case needs to be changed to a high priority based on a greater need for urgency or broader impact, please work with the case owner to discuss and change when appropriate.
- If a high priority case has not been updated in the last 24 hours and the case is actively causing significant business impact, an escalation can be requested.
- If a medium case has not been updated for 3 business days, it is eligible for escalation if required. If impact of the issue has changed to a higher priority, please contact the case owner to request a change in priority based on urgency/impact.
- Low priority cases are not eligible for escalation. If the impact of a low priority case increases, please request a change to medium through a work note in the case. If a change to high is required, please contact our care team by phone.
Subject: Customer Name – My Support Case Number – Brief Problem Statement
My Support Case Number:
Detailed problem description:
Business impact /Urgency rationale:
To maintain a high quality of service and prioritize issues appropriately, PureCloud Customer Care requires that all cases are actively worked on by the Designated Contact. Cases that have not been adequately responded to in three business days are subject to closure with advanced notice. Likewise, cases that are in Resolution Proposed status, with no reported issues, are closed at the end of the third business day