Configure your site for Global Media Fabric
To configure the Global Media Fabric feature, you begin by adding and prioritizing media regions on the Sites page. You then specify the Geo-Lookup Relay/TURN option you want to use for calls requiring TURN services.
As you add media regions, you will want to choose media regions that are close to you on a global scale. Next to each region name is an icon that identifies the region. The icon identifies the home region and all other remote regions show the icon. As you prioritize your media regions, keep in mind that if the first region in the prioritized list is unable to process the call, the call moves to the next media region in the list. This failover will continue down the list of media regions you specify. If the last media region in the list is unable to process the call, the call fails.
There are two options to choose from for the Geo-Lookup Relay/TURN setting, the one that you choose determines how the Global Media Fabric feature routes calls requiring TURN services.
Any media region set on this site – Choosing the Any media region set on this site option limits the Global Media Fabric feature to using one of the regions you’ve put in the list. This option is useful for when you have a region or regions you absolutely don’t want to allow your call to flow through.
The Genesys Cloud media region with the lowest latency – Choosing the Genesys Cloud media region with the lowest latency option allows the Global Media Fabric feature to choose the nearest region with minimal latency. This can be any media region in the world and it can change from call to call.
When selecting Media Regions, you’ll see in the list of regions that there are some regions that contain the note: This region does not run on the Genesys CIDR range of IP addresses. This is important for firewall rule configuration.
- If you have your firewall set up to only allow the AWS ranges, then you can only use those regions that do not run on the Genesys CIDR range.
- If you have your firewall set up to only allow the Genesys CIDR range, then you won’t be able to use those regions do not run on the Genesys CIDR range.
- If you have your firewall set up to use both the Genesys CIDR range and AWS ranges, then you can use any of the available media regions.
For more information, see Cloud media services CIDR IP address range.
- Click Admin.
- Under Telephony, click Sites.
- From the list of sites, select your site.
- On the General tab, locate the Media section.
- Choose one of the Geo-Lookup Relay/TURN options.
- From the Media Regions list, click and select those regions you want to add to the list.
- After you have added regions to the list, you can click Increase Priority or Decrease Priority to prioritize your region selections.
- If you want to remove a region from the list, click Delete .
- Click Save Site.