Configure ACD messaging for Facebook Messenger
- PureCloud 3 license
- Messaging > Integration > All permission
- Facebook account
- Published Facebook business page
- An approved Facebook app
PureCloud ACD messaging provides a way for your customers to use Facebook Messenger to interact with agents who are using PureCloud.
Before you can configure ACD messaging for Facebook Messenger, you must have an approved Facebook app that is specially configured for PureCloud. You must also have a Facebook business page on which you connect your app to PureCloud. For more information, see Create a Facebook app for PureCloud.
To configure ACD messaging for Facebook Messenger, you need your Facebook App ID and App Secret.
To find your App ID and App Secret:
- Open a browser and access your Facebook developer page.
- Locate the App Dashboard and select your app.
- From the App Dashboard, click Settings.
- Click Basic to view the App Details panel.
- Take note of your App ID and App Secret.
To configure ACD messaging:
- Click Admin.
- Under Message, click Platforms.
- Click Add Platform.
- Click Add in the Facebook Messenger tile. The Facebook Messenger page appears. Note: The status text next to the Facebook Messenger icon should show New.
- Type your App ID.
- Click Log in with Facebook.
- When you see the Facebook login dialog box, enter your credentials and click Login. Note: When you log in to Facebook, PureCloud creates its own session and automatically retrieves your page information.
- In the Name box, type a name that you want to assign to your integration.
- In the App Secret box, type the secret code that you set up with your Facebook app.
- In the Page Name box, select the appropriate page.
- Click Save.
- The status text under the Facebook Messenger icon should show Active to indicate that you are now logged into Facebook through PureCloud.
- The Save button changes to a Delete button. You can use this button to remove the integration, if you need to do so at a later date.
Once you have a working Facebook app and have configured ACD messaging for Facebook Messenger, then you can configure message flows in Architect.