Configure ACD messaging for Facebook Messenger
- Genesys Cloud 3 license, Genesys Cloud User 1 Digital Upgrade II, or Genesys Cloud User 2 Digital Upgrade I
- Messaging > Integration > All permission
- Facebook account
- Published Facebook business page
The Genesys Cloud for Facebook Messenger integration provides a way for your customers to go to your Facebook business page. Then these customers can use Facebook Messenger to interact with your agents who are using Genesys Cloud ACD messaging channels. All you have to do is log in to Facebook through Genesys Cloud and configure a few settings to connect the Genesys Cloud for Facebook Messenger integration to your Facebook business page.
To set up your Genesys Cloud for Facebook Messenger integration:
- Click Admin.
- Under Message, click Platforms.
- Click Add Platform.
- Click Add in the Facebook Messenger tile. The Facebook Messenger page appears. Note: The status text next to the Facebook Messenger icon shows New.
- Click Log in with Facebook.
- When you see the Facebook login dialog box, enter your credentials and click Log In.Note: When you log in to Facebook, Genesys Cloud creates its own session and automatically retrieves any Facebook pages that you own. When creating additional Facebook integrations, you must select all of your Facebook pages integrated with Genesys Cloud, not just the newest addition.
- After you log in to Facebook, two boxes appear in the page.
- In the Name box, type a name that you want to assign to your Facebook Messenger integration.
- In the Page Name box, select the Facebook business page to which you want to connect the Facebook Messenger integration.
- Click Save.
- In the Supported Content list, select a supported content profile. If you do not select a supported content profile, the integration uses the default content profile.
- Click Save again.
- The status text under the Facebook Messenger icon now shows Active to indicate that you have logged into Facebook through Genesys Cloud.
- The Save button changes to a Delete button. You can use this button to remove the integration.
- You can only connect one page to a Genesys Cloud for Facebook Messenger integration. If you want to connect more than one page, you have to create an instance of the Genesys Cloud for Facebook Messenger integration for each page.
- When you begin using your Genesys Cloud for Facebook Messenger integration, keep in mind that you must respond to messages from Facebook Messenger within seven days. After seven days, any messages you attempt to send in response will result in an error and are not delivered.
Once you have a working Facebook integration and have configured ACD messaging for Facebook Messenger, then you can configure message flows in Architect.
- If you navigate away from this page, click Save, click Delete, or click Cancel. Genesys Cloud automatically logs you out of the current Facebook session.
- If you create a Facebook integration and then later change your Facebook account password, you sever the connection between your integration and Facebook Messenger. To re-establish the connection, you have to delete and recreate your Facebook integration.
- If you delete your Facebook integration, you are unable to respond to messages still on the left side in the queue.