Configure an attempt controls entry
The following permissions:
- Outbound > Attemptlimits > Add
- Outbound > Attemptlimits > Delete
- Outbound > Attemptlimits > Edit
- Outbound > Attemptlimits > View
- Click Admin.
Click Outbound Dialing.
Click List Management.
Click the Attempt Controls tab.
Click Create New.
Name the entry by typing in the Attempt Control Name box.
Decide when attempt limits should reset, either Daily and Never.
Select Daily to limit the number of dialing attempts to thresholds set for Max Attempts per Contact or Max Attempts Per Number. The following day, attempt counters are reset, allowing another round of dial attempts.
Never indicates that you do not want attempt counters to reset once maximum attempt thresholds are reached.
If you selected Daily resets, you must select a Time Zone. The time zone determines the constraints of a day. A new day begins at midnight of that zone. Time zone is ignored if resets never occur.
Click inside Max Attempts Per Contact. Type a number or use the spin control to set the maximum number of times a contact may be dialed.
Click inside Max Attempts Per Number. Type a number or use the spin control to set the maximum number of times that each number in a contact record may be attempted.
- Click Optional Settings.
The settings below Recall Controls optionally limit call attempts for individual call analysis results. You may also set the number of minutes the system waits between recall attempts. For more information, see Callbacks in campaigns.
Select Answering Machine, Busy, Fax, or No Answer from the Recall Type box. This entry is required if you enter a value for Number of Recall Attempts or Minutes Between Attempts. Conversely, if you make a selection from the Recall Type box, you are required to specify values for Number of Recall Attempts and Minutes Between Attempts.
Set Number of Recall Attempts to a value between 1 and 100. This value is the number of times you want to dial the contact after the initial call attempt.
Set Minutes Between Attempts to a number of minutes the system should wait between attempts. This value cannot be less than 5 minutes, and may not exceed 480 minutes.
(Optional) Click + to define thresholds for a different call analysis result.
- Recall Controls are not available for preview campaigns.
- The Number of Recall Attempts must be less than the Max Attempts Per Contact.
- The total recall time ([number of attempts] times the [minutes between attempts]) cannot exceed 480 minutes.
- If a contact has multiple phone numbers and you configured a Recall Type entry, when the campaign receives that Recall Type for the first callable number, it makes all the recall attempts configured for that number before dialing the next number.
- The system schedules recalls for calls that result in Busy, No Answer, Machine, or Fax (if configured). If any other result occurs, the system does not continue to schedule recalls.
- Attempt controls are overall limits for a contact list, while recalls by disposition are per campaign run. If a campaign is recycled, restarted, or a recall results in a different recall type, the recall attempts reset.
Example scenario: Number of Recall Attempts = 3, Answering Machine Recall = 2, and No Answer Recall = 2. If the campaign recalls a number and gets an answering machine for the second time in a row, it won’t attempt to call the number again for that campaign run.
Call results that do not count as attempts
The customer’s phone doesn’t ring under the following call results, so the customer would not see the missed call. For this reason, the system does not count these results against attempt control limits.