Configure a Jabra headset
Genesys Cloud WebRTC supports the built-in call controls on Jabra headsets. This feature enables you to use the controls on the headset to perform basic call operations.*
- Answer call
- Hang up a call
- Put a call on hold
- Remove a call from hold
- Mute a call
- Unmute a call
- Reject a call
*Available call controls depend upon the connection type you are using and the capabilities of your particular Jabra headset model.
Call controls are only supported in the Genesys Cloud web browser client and the desktop app, they are not supported in the embedded clients. To use the built-in call controls on a Jabra headset, you must have a WebRTC phone assigned to you (See Assign a default phone) and your Jabra headset must be using a USB connection. (If you use a Bluetooth connection, you cannot use the built-in call controls on a Jabra headset.)
Jabra headsets can only be used in the Genesys Cloud desktop app or when running Genesys Cloud from the Chrome web browser. (No other browsers are supported.) In both cases, you must perform extra tasks in preparation.
Desktop app preparation
To use a Jabra headset in the Genesys Cloud desktop app, you must be using the latest version of the app.
- Open the desktop app.
- In the menu bar, click the Genesys Cloud icon.
- Select Check For Updates.
Chrome web browser preparation
To use a Jabra headset in Genesys Cloud from the Chrome web browser, install two other Chrome components.
- Open Chrome.
- Download and install the most recent version of the Chrome Host Listener.
- Download and install the Chrome extension.
Set up the headset
After you update the desktop app or install the Chrome components, set up the headset.
- From the sidebar, click the Calls icon. The Calls panel opens.
- From the Calls panel, click the Settings icon. The Phone Settings panel opens. In the Audio Controls – Profile Name box, a Use Computer settings message appears.
- Connect your headset to a USB port on your computer using the appropriate connector (USB cable or USB transceiver).
- When Genesys Cloud prompts you to create a device profile, click Yes.
- Verify that your headset appears as the default selection in the microphone and speaker boxes.
- Enter a name in the Audio Controls – Profile Name box.
- Click Save.
You can now use the call controls built into your Jabra headset. In the future, Genesys Cloud automatically loads your headset profile as long as your headset is connected to your computer’s USB port.
If after you create a device profile, you disconnect your headset, Genesys Cloud prompts you to use the existing profile the next time you connect the headset to your computer’s USB port.
Edit the device profile
To edit your device profile, next to the Profile Name box click the Edit profile icon.