Configure a Jabra headset
PureCloud WebRTC supports the built-in call controls on Jabra headsets. This feature enables you to can use the controls on the headset to perform basic call operations.*
- Answer call
- Hang up a call
- Put a call on hold
- Remove a call from hold
- Mute a call
- Unmute a call
- Reject a call
*Available call controls depend upon the capabilities of your particular Jabra headset model.
To use the built-in call controls on a Jabra headset, you must have a WebRTC phone assigned to you. (See Assign a default phone.) Jabra headsets can only be used in the PureCloud desktop app or when running PureCloud from the Chrome web browser. (No other browsers are supported.) In both cases, you must perform additional tasks in preparation.
Desktop app preparation
To use a Jabra headset in the PureCloud desktop app, you must be using the latest version of the app.
- Open the desktop app.
- In the menu bar, click the PureCloud icon.
- Select Check For Updates.
Chrome web browser preparation
To use a Jabra headset in PureCloud from the Chrome web browser, install two additional Chrome components.
- Open Chrome.
- Download and install the Chrome Host Listener.
- Download and install the Chrome extension.
Set up the headset
After you update the desktop app or install the Chrome components, set up the headset.
- From the sidebar, click the Calls icon. The Calls panel opens.
- From the Calls panel, click the Settings icon. The Phone Settings panel opens. In the Audio Controls – Profile Name box, a Use Computer settings message appears.
- Connect your headset to a USB port on your computer using the appropriate connector (USB cable or USB transceiver).
- When PureCloud prompts you to create a device profile, click Yes.
- Verify that your headset appears as the default selection in the microphone and speaker boxes.
- Enter a name in the Audio Controls – Profile Name box.
- Click Save.
You can now use the call controls built into your Jabra headset. In the future, PureCloud automatically loads your headset profile as long as your headset is connected to your computer’s USB port.
If after you create a device profile, you disconnect your headset, PureCloud prompts you to use the existing profile the next time you connect the headset to your computer’s USB port.
Edit the device profile
To edit your device profile, next to the Profile Name box click the Edit profile icon.