Change the retention days for Collaborate chat messages
- Admin role
- Chat > Setting > View
- Chat > Setting > Edit
Collaborate chat messages are retained for a set number of days. You can change this retention period to any number of days from 10 to 3650, which is the default.
- The removal of messages begins after business hours on the day the retention period changes.
- When the retention period reduces substantially, it might take up to a week to complete the removal of all messages dated outside the new period.
- ACD chat messages are not affected by this setting.
To change the number of Collaborate chat message retention days for your org:
- Click Admin.
- Under Account Settings, click Organization Settings.
- Click Settings.
- Under Security & Compliance, set Chat Message Retention Days by entering the number of days to retain chat messages. This can be any number of days from 10 to 3650.
- Click Save.