Callable time sets overview
Call at the right time of day. Decide when campaigns may dial specific time zones.
It is important to consider when campaigns run and when campaigns dial time zones. These are not the same. Campaigns can dial worldwide at any time of day. But no one wants to dial contacts at inopportune times. By configuring callable times sets, you can regulate when time zones are dialed by each campaign.
An outbound admin can configure campaigns to evaluate each contact’s time zone to dial at appropriate times only. The administrator implements the callable times feature by completing two tasks:
- The administrator defines a set of callable times, which specify when campaigns dial individual time zones.
- The administrator assigns a set of callable times to a campaign.
How it works
When the system selects records for dialing, it compares the time zone of each contact number with callable time zones assigned to the campaign.
- If the system does not find the zone of the contact in callable times, it does not select that number selected for dialing.
- If the system finds the zone of the contact, it compares the current date and time to callable days and times of day for that zone. If you allow dialing for the current time and day of week, it selects the contact for dialing.
Rules, callable times, and do-not-call actions are not applied to scheduled callbacks.
Contact list requirements
To support the callable times feature, administrators must set up the contact list in a particular way:
- When administrators initially define the contact list, each contact column must have a corresponding time zone column. A set of callable times cannot be assigned to a campaign later if its contact list does not contain at least one timezone column. Timezone columns cannot be added after a contact list is initially created.
- Populate each time zone column in the contact list with time zone names in time zone database notation (also called tz or zoneinfo). For more information, see Understand time zone names.
After setting up the contact list, the administrator can create a callable times entry that specifies when to call each time zone. The feature takes effect when you assign a set of callable times to a campaign, and you start that campaign.
Each callable time set is a collection of time zone names. For each time zone, start and stop times indicate when calling can occur by day of week.
To sort this view, click the Name column. The caret in the Name heading indicates whether the column sorts in ascending or descending order. To filter the list, type all or part of a name in the Search box. If you don’t type any search text, the box lists all entries.
Columns in this view
|Check Boxes||By checking boxes in the first column, administrators select items for processing by an action such as edit or delete.|
|Name||The name of each callable times entry is a hyperlink that opens the properties of that entry.|
|Time Zones||This column lists zones for which you have defined callable times within an entry.|