Agentless email notifications
- Genesys Cloud User 2
- Provisioned campaign domain
- OAuth client credentials
- Conversation > Email > Create permission assigned to a role
The agentless email notifications feature allows you to send email notifications automatically without involving an agent. For example, you want to notify your customer about the shipment of a product that they ordered. You can configure Genesys Cloud to send an email message to your customer with shipping and tracking information.
Or, suppose that you want to remind your customers of upcoming appointments. You can configure Genesys Cloud to send an email message to your customer with appointment confirmation details, such as date, time, or location.
- If you set up an inbound email domain, your customer can reply to your agentless emails. Genesys Cloud treats the reply email as an ACD email.
- When your customer replies to your agentless email within 30 days of the original email, Genesys Cloud threads the emails.
- If separate agentless emails have the same context of discussion, you can thread them with a single conversation ID from the API.
- You can view the delivery receipt of emails from the Performance > Workspace > Interactions tab.
For more information about agentless email pricing, see Email pricing.
Set up Genesys Cloud to send agentless emails
Genesys Cloud offers the ability to send email notifications in different ways:
- From back-end systems automatically based on triggered events.
- From an Architect flow using a data action.
- From an agent script using a data action (when you do not have to specify the user context in the API request). For more information, see Enable a script to use external data.
Send emails following trigger events
To configure agentless email notifications following the occurrence of triggered events from back-end systems:
- Set up a domain for outbound email campaigns. For more information, see Set up a domain for outbound email campaigns.
- Create or use an existing OAuth client. For more information, see Create an OAuth client.
- Use your OAuth client’s credentials to generate a token. For more information, see Grant – Client Credentials.
- Use your new token to call the new Agentless API endpoint. For more information, see the Agentless SMS API and the Agentless SMS Tutorial on the Developer Center.
Send emails from Architect flow
To configure agentless email notifications from an Architect flow:
- Create a data action that calls the email notification API. For more information, see About the Genesys Cloud data actions integration.
- Use that data action within the flow. For more information, see Use data actions in Architect for integrations.
The following limits apply to agentless emails:
|Rate of number of emails||
|Rate of number of emails for agentless plus (campaign emails)||
Only one agentless email at a time.