Add people with .csv file import
The following permissions assigned to any user role:
- Directory > User > All
- Authorization > Role > View
You can use a .csv file to add people and information in bulk to your organization. Information about the people you add to your organization must be in a .csv file.
Genesys recommends that you export the .csv from a spreadsheet instead of composing .csv using a plain text editor. When the spreadsheet saves a .csv file, it automatically inserts required quotes and commas. This process is less error prone than formatting records manually.
- The validation process does not catch spelling errors or extra spaces. These issues can cause duplicate role creation. As a best practice, ensure you format and proofread your .csv file before you import it.
- The .csv file requires name and email. All other data is optional.
- The skills category is valid only for skills, not languages.
- The data in the .csv file must be in the following order:
- Queue names are comma-separated; however an actual queue name cannot contain a comma.
- Spell roles exactly as they appear in the Roles/Permissions page.
- During the import process, Genesys Cloud automatically adds new locations in the .csv file to the organization.
- When you update existing users with a .csv import, Genesys Cloud adds roles and queues but does not replace or remove them.
- To upload Skills with Proficiency via the .csv, add the skill and proficiency, separated by a colon. Separate multiple skills by a comma. For example, Skill1:5,Skill2:3,Skill3:1 and so on.
- If you include new skills in the .csv file, Genesys Cloud replaces existing skills with the new ones.
"Gene Hamilton","firstname.lastname@example.org","919-555-1234","3324","Sales associate","Sales","email@example.com","Durham, NC","admin,Communicate User","Inside Sales","Home","Replacement Parts" "Lisa Greenjeans","firstname.lastname@example.org","317-555-6789","268","Contact Agent","Technical Support","email@example.com","Indianapolis, IN","Genesys Cloud User","Customer Support","East Coast","Warranty"
Import a .csv file with double-byte characters
If the .csv file contains double-byte characters for languages like Japanese or Chinese, save the file in Unicode or UTF-8 format. For more information, see Create a .csv file in Unicode or UTF-8 format.
Bulk import people into your organization
- Click Admin. Under People and Permissions, click People and click Bulk Import.
- Click Browse and select the .csv file with your people data.Note: If you use Active Directory within your organization, click to set up a connector and sync your people automatically. For more information, see Configure Azure Active Directory for Genesys Cloud SCIM (Identity Management).
- To send invites automatically after adding people, select Send invite automatically.
- Under Import Preview, review the data.
- Click Start Import.Note: As Genesys Cloud imports the people to your organization, a status bar indicates the progress:
- Creating People
- Associating Managers
- Creating & Assigning Locations
- Assigning roles
- Assigning queues
- Click Done to close the dialog box, or click Continue to upload another .csv file.