Add knowledge to your bot flow
- Genesys Cloud 1, Genesys Cloud 2, or Genesys Cloud 3 license
- The following permissions added to any user role:
- Architect > UI > View
- Architect > Flow > Add, View, Edit, Delete
- Language Understanding > All
- Knowledge > All
- Analytics > Knowledge Aggregate > All
You can add knowledge to your Genesys Dialog Engine Bot Flow to create FAQ-style bots. To add knowledge, create a knowledge base in the knowledge workbench and then link it to your bot flow. You can use an existing knowledge base with a bot flow in Architect. You can also open the knowledge workbench from Architect and then create and build a new knowledge base. Within your Genesys Dialog Engine Bot Flow, you can configure your bot to use knowledge by using the “Ask for Intent” action. Knowledge can be used on its own or with intents.
The knowledge workbench allows a knowledge author to create and manage knowledge documents, train the search algorithms, and view the performance of knowledge bases. Knowledge bases are sets of predefined knowledge documents that respond to queries by agents and customers. Genesys Dialog Engine Bot Flows supports English knowledge bases only. For more information, see About knowledge workbench.
The Knowledge section appears in the Natural Language Understanding menu:
When you select a knowledge base, the system displays information and configuration options.
|Knowledge Base||The name and language of the current knowledge base.|
This section includes:
|Maximum Number of Answers Returned||
The maximum number of answers given for the caller’s question, when multiple possible matches exist.
|Confirmation and Disambiguation||
For each available option, you can enter an expression or create one with the Communication Sequence Builder:
Use a knowledge base in a bot flow
To use a knowledge base in a bot flow, follow these steps:
- Create a bot flow or open an existing one. The Bot Flow page opens.
- Under Natural Language Understanding, click Knowledge.
- Under Knowledge Base, create a new knowledge base or select an existing one:
- To create a new knowledge base, click the open button to open the Knowledge Workbench in a new tab, and then add your knowledge base.
- To use an existing knowledge base, select it from the list.
- Under Maximum Number of Answers Returned, enter the maximum number of answers given for the caller’s question, if multiple possible matches exist.
- Under Confirmation and Disambiguation, click the appropriate statement button and then configure the wording that the bot uses in specific points throughout the conversation. Note: You can enter an expression or use the Communication Sequence Builder.
- Single answer introduction: Click the output value button and create the response. The default setting is No Value.
- Multiple answers introduction: Click the statement button and create the response.
- Multiple answers retry: Click the statement button and create the response.
- Reject all answers: Click the statement button and create the response.
- Knowledge confirmation: Click the statement button and create the response.
- Knowledge confirmation response: Click the statement button and create the response.
- Continue to build your bot flow according to your organization’s specifications. Note: Knowledge appears under the Ask for Intent action paths.