Add a Knowledge Base Document variable
Genesys knowledge workbench is an authoring tool that enables you to create and manage knowledge, view knowledge performance, and test knowledge services. Use the knowledge workbench to create knowledge that you can intelligently surface during bot conversations. The knowledge workbench enhances and accelerates the effectiveness of bots by managing the source for the answers to customer questions.
Add a knowledge base document variable to a task sequence
You can select a knowledge base to associate with the flow, add an Update Data action to a task, and select a knowledge base article to use in the task.
Note: Before you can select a knowledge base article in an Update Data action, you must select the appropriate knowledge base in Natural Language Understanding > Knowledge.
- From the Toolbox, expand the Data category and drag an Update Data action to the desired location in the task.
- In the Update Data workspace, add a meaningful name to describe the item.
- Click the Add update statement button and select KnowledgeBaseDocument.
- In the Variable Name field, type the label to identify the variable on tasks.
- In the Value To Assign field, perform one of these steps:
- To set the value from literal mode, click the list and select the desired knowledge base article.
- To set the value using an expression, click the Expression button , select Expression, and do one of the following:
- Add the expression inline.
- Click the Large Expression Editor button to open the Edit Expression Editor and build your expression.
- (Optional) To add another variable, click the Add update statement button.