Add a Call Data Action to a task
Use Call Data Action within a task to retrieve a specific attribute about a contact from integrated data actions. For example, name, address, contact numbers, account number, account status, and so on.
- From the Architect home page, click or hover over the Flows menu and select the desired flow type.
- Create a new flow or select an existing one. The flow’s configuration page opens.
- Select the task and click Click to open. The task editor opens.
- From the task editor Toolbox, expand the Data category and drag a Call Data Action to the desired location in the task editor.
- In the Name box type a meaningful name for the action. This name becomes the name of the Call Data action in the task workflow.
- From the Category list, choose the category that contains the data action.
- From the Data Action list, choose the desired data action.
- To use the default one-minute timeout for the data action, enable the Use action’s suggested timeout check box. Clear it to define your own timeout parameters.
- Depending on the selected data action, define Input, Success Outputs, and Failure Outputs that the action executes at runtime. Note: The properties that appear come from the request schema created for the data action.
- Continue building the task per your flow design, including the Call Data Action’s Success, Failure, and Timeout paths.
For more information, see Call Data Action.