Add a Dial By Extension action to a task
When you drag a Dial By Extension action from the Toolbox into a task, you can set up functionality that allows the caller to dial and be transferred to a specific extension. Note: After you add an extension to a user or group, it can take up to 60 minutes for the extension to be accessible in a Dial By Extension action.[/bs_well]
- From the Architect home page, click or hover over the Flows menu and select the desired flow type.
- Create a new flow or select an existing one. The flow's configuration page opens.
- Select the task and click Click to open to open the task editor.
- From the task editor Toolbox, drag the Dial By Extension action to the desired location in the task sequence.
- In the Dial By Extension design form, in the Name text box type a meaningful name for the action. This name becomes the name of the Dial By Extension action in the task workflow.
- In the Extension Data Name area, type the name of a string variable that holds the extension entered by the caller.
- In the Inter-Digit Timeout area, optionally change the default amount of time, in seconds, Architect waits for the caller to press a key.
- In the Audio to play to re-prompt the caller area, select the prompt to play if the caller does not enter a digit within the specified period of time.
- In the Number of times to re-prompt the caller area, optionally select the number of chances a caller has to enter a valid extension before disconnecting.
- In the task editor, determine the Failure and Timeout paths.
- Continue building the task per your call flow design.