Add a Set Participant Data action to a task
Use the Set Participant Data action in a task to set an attribute value on a call participant. For example, if you have a Call Data action that looks up information for the caller, use the Set Participant data action to save off the results of what the Call Data action looks up. If Architect transfers the caller to another flow, the second flow can verify whether participant data was set previously, and re-use the data without calling a Data action again in the flow to which the call was transferred.
- From the Architect home page, click or hover over the Flows menu and select the desired flow type.
- Create a new flow or select an existing one. The flow's configuration page opens.
- Select the task and click Click to open to open the task editor.
- From the task editor Toolbox, expand the Data category and drag the Set Participant Data action to the desired location in the task sequence.
- In the Set Participant Data design form, in the Name text box type a meaningful name for the action. This name becomes the name of the Set Participant Data action in the task workflow.
- In the Attribute Name 1 box, assign a string literal attribute name.
- In the Value to Assign 1 box, use the literal editor or the expression editor to assign a string value to the attribute.
- To add additional attributes, click the Add attribute to retrieve button and repeat steps 5-6.
- Continue building the task per your call flow design.
Note: Attributes are case-sensitive. If you use an existing attribute in another part of the flow, ensure you match the case of the original attribute.