Add a Get Participant Data action to a task
Use the Get Participant Data action in a task to set up an attribute to retrieve from a call participant. When the participant attribute is retrieved, it is stored in the flow variable you specify here. The variable can then be used in other locations within the call flow. When you select a variable name, Architect precedes the name with Flow. When you begin typing Flow., a list of existing variable names appears in a drop-down list. You can retrieve the participant’s attribute into a new flow variable, or into an existing flow variable defined elsewhere in the call flow
- From the Architect home page, click or hover over the Flows menu and select the desired flow type.
- Create a new flow or select an existing one. The flow's configuration page opens.
- Select the task and click Click to open to open the task editor.
- From the task editor Toolbox, expand the Data category and drag the Get Participant Data action to the desired location in the task sequence.
- In the Get Participant Data design form, in the Name text box type a meaningful name for the action. This name becomes the name of the Get Participant Data action in the task workflow.
- In the Attribute Name 1 box, assign a string literal attribute name.
- In the Variable to Assign 1 box, select a new or existing flow variable in which to store participant data.
- To add additional attributes, click the Add attribute to retrieve button and repeat steps 5-6.
- Continue building the task per your call flow design.
Note: Attributes are case-sensitive. If you use an existing attribute in another part of the flow, ensure you match the case of the original attribute.