Add an analog fax machine to the Genesys Cloud telephony system
Use an FXS gateway to add an analog fax machine to your organization’s telephony system in Genesys Cloud.
- Set up your FXS gateway according to the manufacturer’s directions. Note: The connection to the Genesys Cloud Edge requires a SIP interface using a UDP or TCP protocol that support g.711 mu/a-law media. The Edge does not support SIP fax over T.38.
- Create base settings for a standalone fax machine:
- Click Admin.
- Under Telephony, click Phone Management.
- Click the Base Settings tab.
- Click Create New.
- In the Base Settings Name box, enter a name for the base settings. Tip: Enter a name that relates to fax.
- In the Phone Make and Model box, select Generic SIP.
- Click Standalone Features to enable the standalone feature.
- Click Save Base Settings.
- Create and configure a standalone phone in Genesys Cloud for each fax machine:
- Click Admin > Telephony.
- Click Phone Management.
- In the Phones tab, click Create New.
- In the Phone Name box, enter a name for the fax machine.
- In the Base Settings box, select the base settings created for the standalone fax machine.
- In the Site box, select a site for the fax machine.
- Select the Line Keys tab.
- In the Line Appearance Id box, enter the user ID on the FXS for the port the fax machine plugs in to.
- In the DID box, enter a DID from your DID numbers.
- Configure your fax machine using the manufacturer’s directions.