Add a time-off plan
You can add a time-off plan from the time-off plans page. You can have up to 250 time-off plans per management unit.
- Click Admin.
- Under Workforce Management, click Time-Off Plans.
- In the upper right corner, click the Management Unit list and then click the management unit to which you want to add the time-off plan.
- Click Add. The Add Time-Off Plan page opens.
- In the Time-Off Plan Name box, type a descriptive name for the time-off plan.
- In the Activity Code Associations section, click Edit. The Edit Activity Code Association dialog box opens.
- In the Available column, do the following:
- To associate an activity code to the time-off plan, click the activity code.
- To search for an activity code to associate to the time-off plan, in the Search for time-off codes box, begin typing the activity code and then select it from the results.
- To add all available activity codes to the time-off plan, click Add All.
- To remove an activity code from the time-off plan, in the Selected column, click the activity code to remove.
- To remove all activity codes from the time-off plan, click Remove All.
- Click OK.
Note: You can only associate an activity code to a single time-off plan. If you select an activity code that already ties to another plan, the system removes the activity code from the other plan.
- Under Rules, to ensure that time-off requests with the selected activity codes count against the time-off limit, enable the Count Against Time-Off Limit check box.Note: If you do not set time-off limits for the selected management unit, this check box is not available.
- Under Auto Approval Rule, do one of the following:
- To ensure that the auto-approval rule never applies to time-off requests that use the selected activity codes, click Never. Choosing this option requires you to approve time-off requests associated to the selected activity codes manually.
- To ensure that the auto-approval rule always applies to time-off requests that use the selected activity codes, click Always. Choosing this option causes the system to auto-approve all time-off requests, even when they exceed the remaining time-off limit on the requested time-off dates.
- To apply the auto-approval rule to time-off requests according to the time-off limit, do the following:
- Click According to time-off limit.
- Use the Days Before Start to Expire from Waitlist arrows to set the number of days before the time-off request starts, to expire the request from the waitlist. When the requests expire, the system changes the status to “Pending – Waitlist window closed.”
Note: This option is only available when you set the Count Against Time-Off Limit toggle to On.
- Click Save.