Add an email campaign template message
- Responses > All Permissions
The primary use for outbound email campaign templates is for Outbound Email campaigns. You create the message content here and then apply it to any outbound digital campaign. For more information, see Create an email messaging campaign.
To add an email campaign template message, follow these steps:
- Click Admin.
- Under Contact Center, click Canned Responses.
- Under Libraries, click the library where the response belongs.
- Click Add Response.
- In the Response Name box, type a meaningful name. Agents see this name.
- The Library list already contains the library you selected in step 3. To specify a different library, click the name in this list.
- For Response Type, enable Campaign Email Template.
- In the Subject field, add the subject for your email campaign template. Note: The subject line can be no longer than 400 characters.
- In the Enter text here box, type the body content for your email campaign template. Notes:
- The body of your email can be no larger than 20 MB.
- You can include images in the body of your message, but images count against the size of the email.
- If you want to give recipients the opportunity to unsubscribe, you must add your own unsubscribe link and text in the body of your email.
- (Optional) To create a new substitution, do the following:Note: You can add substitutions to the subject line or to the body of your email.
- Click Import/Create and then Create Substitution.
- Type a name for your new substitution.
- (Optional) Type a description.
- To assign a default value for the new substitution, type the value in the Default Value box.
- (Optional) To use your contact list headings as substitutions, do the following:
- Click Import/Create and then Import Contact List. Notes:
- This process imports the contact list headings so that you can use them as substitutions.
- To replace your contact list substitutions with a different contact list, first click Delete for each existing substitution. Otherwise, Canned Responses appends your existing list with the new contact list headings.
- Click Import/Create and then Import Contact List.
- In the Select… box, start typing the name of the contact list you want to import, and click it when it appears.
- Press Enter.
- Click Add Substitutions.
- In the Content box, place your cursor at the appropriate spot in your response.
- Under Insert Substitutions, hover over the substitution you want to add, and click Insert . When the system sends the response, Genesys Cloud replaces the substitution with the correct information.
- Repeat steps e and f as needed.