Widget feature comparison
All of the widgets available in PureCloud allow customers to chat with agents from your website. However, each widget version has different features. Use the following table to help you decide the widget version to select when you create a widget for web chat.
|Feature||Version 2||Third Party||Version 1.1||Version 1.0|
|Use with Altocloud||X|
|Optimized for mobile||X||X*|
|Use with HTTP APIs||X||X||X|
|Use with screen share||X|
|Use with co-browse||X|
|Appearance customization options||X (Advanced)||X||X|
|Accessibility support||X (Advanced)|
|Ability to embed the chat widget on a webpage||X||X*||X||X|
|Ability to render chat in a new pop-up window||X*||X||X|
|Agent alias and agent image||X||X*||X||X|
- To ensure full feature functionality supported for Version 2 widgets, use the most recent script version in the Developer Center.For more information, see Widget – Version 2 in the Developer Center.
- Version 1.1, 2, and third party widgets, which use the Guest chat APIs, have a 15-minute time-out. If a guest does not send any messages for 15 minutes while connected to an agent, the system automatically disconnects the guest. This timeout only applies while the guest is connected to an agent. The time-out does not apply while the guest is waiting in queue. You cannot change the time-out length. For more information, see, Guest Chat APIs in the Developer Center.
- The Version 1.0 widget has a 45-minute time-out. This time-out applies throughout the chat, even if the guest is waiting in queue and is not connected to an agent. You cannot change the time-out length.
- Advanced appearance customization for the Version 2 widget enables developers to use themes to apply colors and fonts. For more information, see Customize appearance.
- Genesys provides accessibility support for the Version 2 widget, aligned to the W3C specs for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, Level AA. For more information, see Accessibility.